What is a Multi-Chamber Bong?
Unlike ordinary fixed stem straight tubes and other water pipes with only one chamber, a multi-chamber bong features two or more compartments. Also known as recyclers, multi-chamber glass bongs are made with some of the most creative designs, making them one of the most innovative and awe-inspiring oil rigs on the market. For example, Thick Ass Glass carries an exceptional 8 inch Super Slit Donut Sextuple Recycler with 6 chambers to provide a truly unique smoking experience.
How Does a Multi-Chamber Bong Work?
As we mentioned, a multi-chamber bong is constructed with more than one chamber. Typically, budget-friendly pieces include two or three of these pockets, and more expensive multi-chamber acrylic bongs or glass bongs may have as much as 6 chambers like the Super Slit Recycler. Regardless of how many compartments are featured, however, these areas contain water which the smoke passes through once you ignite your tobacco. Each chamber in a multi-chamber water bong acts as a passageway that filters the smoke and eliminates harmful combustion byproducts. In turn, this makes each draw much smoother and easier on the lungs.
How To Use a Multi-Chamber Bong
When you settle in for a smoke session with a multi-chamber water bong, you should know that the process of inhaling your favorite product is more complicated than using a simple glass pipe. Before you fire up, make sure you refer to this handy step-by-step guide for using multi-chamber bongs:
- Add just enough water to your multi-chamber bong so that you only create bubbles upon inhaling. Filling your bong with too much water can cause spillage or make it inoperable and potentially ruin your tobacco.
- Wipe down the stem to make sure it's completely dry. This will prevent thermal expansion which can negatively affect the smoke you inhale.
- Place the downstem into the multi-chamber bong.
- Fill the bowl with your favorite tobacco product and then add it to the downstem.
- Ignite your tobacco and pull on the mouthpiece until you are satisfied with the amount of smoke you've produced.
- Lift the bowl from the stem and inhale the smoke.
- Breathe out, unwind and repeat the process until you're finished using your multi-chamber water bong.
If your bong contains two chambers, you can add hot water to one pocket and then fill the other with cold water for more effective filtration. If you decide to do this, the bottom chamber should be filled with hot water and cold water should be in the top chamber to ensure that each hit is refreshing.
How to Clean a Multi Chamber Bong
From multi-chamber percolator bongs to other types of recyclers, cleaning a multi-chamber bong is much more complex than regular water pipes. But, don't stress — we're here to help. Here are five steps you can take at home to remove excess gunk from your multi-chamber bong:
- Add warm, soapy water to your sink.
- Take a scraper or cotton swab to the residue buildup on your bowl and clean thoroughly.
- Add your bong to the filled sink and let soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a cleaning brush to cleanse the inside of your multi-chamber bong, and follow up by using a pipe cleaner on the inside of the downstem.
- Finally, rinse your bong with warm water and leave to air dry.
Find a Premium Multi Chamber Bong for Sale at TAG
Now that you know more about multi-chamber glass bongs, you may be considering adding one of these fine pieces to your collection of smoking apparatuses. Fortunately, Thick Ass Glass has you covered with many excellent options to choose from at the best values. When you're ready to make a purchase, check out our multi-chamber bongs or contact us today with any questions you may have. We look forward to helping you achieve the best smoking experience!CONTACT US